Inside Molly’s Head, July 2016
Work has been crazy busy this spring/summer and now that I’ve decided to take the Professional Engineer licensure exam in October, the summer and fall will probably be busy too… which leads to not much sewing (and an seriously warped sense of time). But, I finished a dress to wear to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival because my dad needs an excuse to wear his monk robe, obviously. Not going to bother posting about it until we go in September though.
- The Met Gala was a while back now but there were some really interesting (and not interesting) outfits worn on the red carpet. My favorite was Kate Hudson’s dress, which I then loved even more when an unexplained photo of her in the bathroom holding a wrench popped. How to accessorize your Gala dress? With a wrench obviously.
- I also loved Lupita Nyong’o at the Met Gala, but her hair do seemed to cause some confusion. I wish I knew the structural physics of her hair. How did she sit in the car to get to the Gala?
- Fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad will be the first athlete to compete for the US Olympic Team while wearing the hijab.
- Most of the people reading this probably know that throwing clothes in the trash is a bad idea, but it seems to be sinking in with everyone else more too. Although this interview still doesn’t tell us what to do with our fabric scraps or clothing that really truly is worn to rags (I still feel bad sending exceedingly crappy stuff to charity and force them to sort through it). I should probably just call the Salvation Army and see if they care or not.
- These crosswalks are so cool, but I think I’d freak out a little if I wasn’t expecting them while driving.
- Electron microscope video of a needle on a vinyl record.
- What will tourist wear in space?
- This is so cool: spider silk stays taught when pushed and pulled!
- Optical illusion body painting by Alexa Meade.
- It always confuses me when people don’t have hobbies of any kind, or maybe they just don’t know that practically anything you’re not being paid for but enjoy doing is probably a hobby.
- FIDM has an Online Collections Database
- British grandma sends cute tweet
- Cats are actually scientists, this explains so much.
- These pictures aren’t new by any means, but seriously, Obama is the best president ever. Michelle should run in 2024, after Hillary’s 8 years are up.