Inside Molly’s Head, March 2016
Some random interesting things I’ve read in the last couple months:
- A look at the use of crafts in activism part 1 and 2
- And on a similar note, from the Smithsonian, a look at crafts in war and political participation
- You cannot help but smile at this awesome gymnastics routine
- Designer spacesuits, ’cause you gotta look good in the vast emptiness of outer space
- This is probably only funny to a very specific group of people… who like star trek and sewing…
- I don’t really keep up with current music much, it just moves too fast and there’s too much of it – I’d rather other people just show me what’s good. But I really don’t get Kanye and his “clothing line.” I just don’t think you can call everything you do art just because you feel like it
- I don’t post about my dolls anymore (just got bored with posting, I still like toys plenty), but I do follow a lot of doll/action figure blogs. There is a really awesome looking Barbie exhibit going on right now in Paris that I’m pretty bummed isn’t near me. Here are a few more images.
- Could Google’s conductive fabric be the future of clothing and tech? Looks pretty neat at least
- I don’t have kids yet, so I can’t say what toys I’d buy for a daughter or son, but I liked the points made in this essay. And frankly, since I just love toys, I’ll probably end up buying a bit of everything for whoever my future kid is.
- The current status of cotton growers in the U.S. doesn’t look too good right now