Everyone else is doing it…
It’s Sew Grateful week and everyone is suddenly grateful for people that
enable their addictions support their sewing enthusiasm. I like this concept too, but I’ll probably keep it short because it could potentially be infinite.
I am sew grateful (definition: grateful for all things in relation to sewing) for:
- Mr. Fiance because he really does enable my addictions, whether dolls or buying fabric (“I didn’t give you a fabric store gift card, that was from Spot”)
- I should include Spot too, because we all know how helpful cats can be.
- Mom and Grandma, because they taught me to sew. Mom and I discuss sewing often, it helps both of us to just talk through what our problems are to get it figured out, even if we do live 500 miles away. And Grandma is the source of my notion stash and sewing machines, how much more supportive can you get? (possibly also the source of my love of dolls)
- My dad for passing on the pack rat/collecting gene, without which I wouldn’t own so many books, patterns and dolls.
- Pedro, of course. Pedro isn’t actually very supportive verbally, but her actions imply otherwise (she’s still blogging after all).
- You may have noticed someone commenting named The Oldest Sister. She is Pedro and I’s other sister. Can’t leave her out, since she is my sister and maid of honor so of course she is
forcing me to make decisions about stupid wedding things like flowerssupportive in times of need.
- I would like to thank the internet for existing.
- And there by also you who is reading this because it makes writing this blog so much more fun when people comment! (But to tell you the truth, I’d do it anyways. Case in point: doll posts, I like them and I don’t care if you don’t, just keep on skimming your reader 😉 )
Thank you, that is all.